» Unbreakable Laws May 22, 2009 21:30:58 GMT -5
Post by Vitality on May 22, 2009 21:30:58 GMT -5
Before joining our forum, we ask that you browse over the following rules and regulations of our site. We aren't asking you to memorize them, but you should be fairly familiar with them in order to prevent yourself accidentally breaking one.
Disclaimer: Check our shop here for passes to buy that will exempt certain rules.Forum
1. Everyone will treat one another with respect.
2. Use proper grammar.
3. Public fighting amongst members will not be tolerated. If issues arise, please resolve it amongst yourselves whether by private message or staff intervention.
4. Stealing from members, others sites, etc. will result in permanent ban.
5. Graphic shops are unable to charge for services.
6. Signatures should not exceed 520 pixels in width.
7. Avatars should be no more than 150 pixels in width and around 200 in height.
8. Refrain from using gifs that are excessive in flickering/rapid flashing on the cbox. In addition to this, please avoid graphics (tables or icons, for example) that flicker/flash as well. If you had one prior to this rule, please include a warning in the thread title, for the benefit of epileptic members.
1. Characters should not be God modeled. Flaws exist, and like everyone else, your character will possess them.
2. A character may not be created under one year of age, unless a pass is purchased, or the character is the result of an on-site birth.
3. Do not use copyrighted images for a character's photo set without permission.
4. If you are working on a biography, please post in the designated WIP sub board. If completed, post in the main Canine Creation board.
5. WIP biographies are granted one month for completion. If left to sit without expressing a reason as to why, the biography will be archived after said month passes. Note that they do not act as a set claim, and the first completed biography holds rights.
6. After completing a biography, post in our notification thread to alert staff to look it over.
7. You cannot use the stock of permanently banned breeds unless the appropriate pass for the breed or percentage has been bought. Click here and here for references on how the content affects appearance.
8. 25% of permanently banned breeds and under do not need a pass, on the condition that only dog stock is used.
9. Dingoes are no longer listed under the banned breeds. However, their stock will still be monitored by the administrative team in order to ensure that it meets all the guidelines and necessary restrictions based off of percentage of Dingo heritageIn Character
1. As we are a realistic feral dog site, we expect realism.
2. Our word minimum is 300 words per IC post.
3. Liquid time is permitted, and you may be in as many threads as you like at one time.
4. Only completed posts are accepted - no posting claims, bumping, etc.
5. No breeding, killing, or maiming a character without the consent of the roleplayer.
6. As a continuation, when placing a character in dire situations, be prepared to face the consequences.Offspring / Breeding
1. Graphic breeding is not permitted on RiA.
2. Birthing threads are mandatory, and we ask to you get them up on, or before the set birthing date.
3. Characters may breed in any season, though females may only have two litters per IC year.
4. Characters are unable to breed until the age of two.
5. Forced breeding in character is permitted so long as both roleplayers agree to such.
6. Pups start at three months of age.
7. The litters of permanently banned breeds are not limited to their number and fertility, but are decided on a case by case basis by staff unless a pass is bought.
PacksTo view information on current packs, click here.
1. Immunity is earned for one month upon starting a gang, or defeating a challenger. These are the only cases of immunity, for challenging has a certain protocol and will be monitored closely. See challenging rules for details.
2. You must apply to be in a pack or a gang.
3. The maximum of packs is two and the maximum of gangs is four.
This can change at the discretion of the administration team*
4. The information for holding territory by packs/gangs can be found in packs/gangs formation, refer to 1c - 1f.
5. Packs are expected to claim territory in the same region where they hold their Headquarters, but it is not mandatory. However, more efforts must be made to hold the territory in another region. The minimum requirement would be a pack-related thread (see the guide below) every three weeks. A "subpack" could also be managed on the territory. If that requirement isn't met then the territory will be removed.
6. Packs can never claim territory that is immeasurable due to its size, typically a main board. For example, the mountains.
We can talk to a leader on a case by case basis*
7. As a guide to what constitutes pack activity, we expect to see relevant threads, such as pack meetings, recruiting, patrols, the furthering of political endeavors (forming alliances, discussing relations, etc.), invasions and defense, personal or pack-related threads on the territory/around the territory from members. This is how we will review a pack's activity if we feel it is falling.
8. Like packs, gangs can be challenged for. The protocol for challenging a gang is the same as a packs.
9. Territories that are not labeled, including sub boards, are not owned by a gang or pack.Pack Leaders
1. Pack leaders must post at least once a week. If the member has not checked in after two weeks or informed an admin of a prolonged absence, their spot is forfeit.
2. If a pack leader falls inactive, their position will be offered to the second in command. If denied by the roleplayer, the pack or gang is disbanded. See challenging rules on details for forming a gang.
3. Leaders are permitted to establish their own rules and ranks, as well as claim their own territories.Fights
1. Official fights will be judged by the staff and a winner will be determined based on post quality. Posts are generally judged on the level of intrigue they inspire in the reader, proper grammar, and balanced description. Having balanced description means that we are equally informed about the characters emotions as we are about their movements and the setting around them.
2. A single dog may not successfully fight off 3 dogs at once if all dogs are of equal size. This is a general rule, as a German shepherd could easily fight off 3 Chihuahuas. Please use good judgment when engaging in a fight, it is possible for staff to side with the more realistic outcome if a situation is too outlandish. (ie a puppy defeating a mastiff)
3. In the event of a tie, a re-judge by a different staff member may occur. This is a very rare event, and a re-judge is only likely to happen during challenges.
4. All fight terms are decided by the participating parties, and may include (but are not limited to): Word count, word limit, post limit, time limit, the amount of fights and dodges (or lack thereof) and consequences based on the staff's decision.Challenging
1. Challenger must be above two years of age.
2. You must initially pm an admin with the idea of your gang. The admins will review your idea and you as a member (activity, reliability) and will accept/decline you based on those factors. If your idea is accepted, you need to then gather those five characters and relay evidence of IC alliance to the admins where you'll be granted the right to challenge.
3. The challenger must have five other characters (discluding your own) to back their challenge as future members. They must have had a thread with each character to establish their alliance and to reassure activity if the challenger is successful.
4. A challenge is a judged fight held only between a leader and the challenger. However, we will take in circumstances if we are contacted (if the leader is absent with good cause for example) and figure something out.
5. The terms for the challenge must be agreed on between both roleplayers. If there is a disagreement, an admin can settle the terms.
6. Before you can challenge, you must pm an admin with your intended challenger, the five characters and evidence of interaction and your idea. The admins will review this, as well as other factors like activity, before accepting or declining the right to challenge.
7. If the challenging individual loses then they must wait at least one IC year before challenging again. If the challenging individual wins then they take control of the land and may alter the pack as they choose (this includes the right to change the name and kick out all the former members if they decide).Creation
1. Character must be above two years of age.
2. You must initially pm an admin with the idea of your gang. The admins will review your idea and you as a member (activity, reliability) and will accept/decline you based on those factors. If your idea is accepted, you need to then gather those five characters and relay evidence of IC alliance to the admins where you'll be granted your gang.
3. The character must have five other characters (discluding your own) to back their idea as future members. They must have had a thread with each character to establish their alliance and to reassure activity if the character is accepted.
** If your character has prior relationships with a character (family, friend, ect.) that guarantee their loyalty without the necessity of a new thread to prove it, we can accept just the OOC permission of the roleplayer. But this will be at the staff's discretion, and decided based on that roleplayer's activity. Be prepared to provide evidence of their relationship should we ask
4. Your gang has one month immunity upon gaining it; consider it a trial period, as the admins will be monitoring its progress closely and reviewing it at the end of the month to assure them that you and your gang can be active and successful.
5. If your gang fails for reasons that are your own responsibility (Activity, communication, structure) then you will not be allowed to attempt another for an IC year.
**The admins are here to support the goals of a gang being accepted and are here for communication. But they are just in a support role (i.e., helping with plots or ideas). The rest falls on the shoulders of leader themselves and their own initiative.Pack/gang formation
1. If a dog is challenging for a territory/leadership, the dog will always start out as a gang status (being that they have raised efforts of 5 dogs to support them).
1a. If a group of dogs has successfully raised a challenge and they begin their recruitment, they must gain 10 members in order to reach gang status.
1b. Reaching 15 members grants you pack status and solidifies your stance on a territory of your choosing (provided that it isn’t already taken by another pack).
1c. The numbers to gain territories are as such: 10 members can have one (1) territory, 15 members can have up to, and including, two (2) territories, 20 members can have up to, and including, three (3) territories, 50 members can have up to, and including, four (4) territories, 100 members can have up to, and including, five (5) territories. The cap on territory ownership is five (5).
1d. If a pack is at 15 members and begins to drop below that number it is no longer labeled as a pack but now becomes a gang.
1e. Once a gang’s numbers have begun to fall below 15 this results in a forfeiture of one (1) territory and the gang is becoming in danger of being disbanded.
1f. If a gang begins to fall to 10 members they forfeit an additional territory and are only allotted one (1) territory.
1g. Additionally, if a gang falls below 10 members they are negated any claims to territory and have become strictly nomadic in nature and are forbidden to take territory as their own.
1h. A gang that has fallen to five (5) is close to becoming disbanded and once that number falls below five it has officially become disbanded and must be reformed again using proper IC protocol.
1i. A leader has the right to choose whether or not they want their gang to remain listed as a gang or to be allowed to be labeled as a pack, depending on their wants.
1i-a. This means that the gang leader has forfeited their right to gain additional territories due to their gang status no matter how many members they have.
1j. A gang consistently resting at five (5) members becomes a problem and will undergo reprimands or recommendations by the administrators in an effort to keep stagnation amongst the packs and gangs from happening.
1k. Five (5) members are counted as active members, posting regularly (see posting rules on gangs and packs for more details).
1l. Should the gang need to be disbanded an administrator will be in contact via PM in order to inform a gang leader that their gang has been disbanded due to inactivity/loss of membership among the ranks. You are welcome to try again, but all necessary protocols must be fulfilled.
Last updated August, 2014